A Year of our Lives through the Lense...

A Year of our Lives through the Lense...

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday January 5th


Wow, what a day. It took everything in me to get out of my chair and up from my knitting to come post. Its only day 5 I can't be tired yet :) I have two pictures today since I promised a dinner picture that will come. But, I couldn't resist posting my monthly shopping trip.


Getting paid once a month takes a lot of planning and cooking is a huge monthly plan. My two kids and I get to grocery at 3:00, in purse I have my backup, fruit snacks, suckers, and knowing we will hit the free cookies I think we can make it through. I load the kiddos up into "the bean" driving car and we are off. In the grocery store for over an hour with an 18 month old and 4 year old is so not fun! They were on their last leg and in the dairy my cart is piled high and I am doing the balancing act to get the on sale 20 yogurts on top of everything as they are falling off the top and exploding along with my kids exploding out of the front of the cart! It was a sight, they opened a lane just for me and loaded up two carts of groceries and helped me out of the store. I have to say that is a first, but it is the last for this month anyways! So here is a picture of most of the bags just for fun :) All the freezer stuff was already in the garage for the deep freezer so this is just cabinet and fridge.




My grocery nights are always an easy fix with a cheater chicken. While in the store I picked up a rotisserie chicken and created a tomatilla chicken tostado, gratitude of Rachel Ray. Although, I did alter this recipe to my likings :) I have also found I am no food photographer so bear with me!


Ingredients:
Chicken shredded
Pepper Jack Cheese grated
1 Cup tomatillo salsa
Lime
Refried Beans
Cilantro
4 Green Onions
1 t Cumin
6 inch tortillas
Preheat oven to 425*
Lightly brush tortillas with olive oil and put in over until golden about 6-8 minutes
While tortillas are in oven heat skillet with olive oil and cook green onions shredded chicken also throw cumin and salsa in. Once warmed remove from heat zest a lime and juice lime into chicken mixture.
Beans- saute a couple chopped garlic gloves in a pan with a half can or so rotel and add beans. This is optional with beans I was in a hurry so I didn't cook my beans tonight just straight from the can, but this is how I would rather cook my beans.
Take tortillas out of oven spread beans on shell, scoop chicken mixture on top, then top with cheese. Put back in the oven until cheese is melted. Take out of oven and top with cilantro and avocados. MMMM Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment